Join a team of global Cognos Developers, where you will have the opportunity to
- Participate in the evaluation of new projects to determine scope, feasibility, timelines, impacts to and integrations with existing systems.
- Participate in the design, development, integration, maintenance and security of the Cognos metadata layer.
- Document and follow best practices, standards, processes and procedures of Cognos BI solutions.
- Interface with business users in order to help identify, document, clarify and/or review requirements.
- Consult with non-technical business users, business professionals, technical and executive staff to elicit input, capture feedback and provide assistance with the BI solutions.
- Create BI solutions that access various data sources including data warehouses, data marts, cubes, and relational databases and data warehouse appliances.
- Provide insight and direction about BI presentation approaches.
- Extend the base functionality of the Cognos platform through SDK development.
- Create metadata models that are aligned with BI strategies, organizational goalsand objectives.
- Perform modeling of relational, dimensional and dimensionally modeled relational models and provide assistance and mentoring to junior team members.
- Assist in the creation, maintenance and documentation of Cognos security model including authentication, object and data level security.
- Review report requirements and make modifications to existing reports, dashboards and metadata.
- Evaluate report, model and query performance making necessary model and/orcode changes to meet SLAs.
Desired Skills & Experience
Skill Set Requirements
- Expert level, 5+ years of experience in Cognos Business Intelligence (through v10), Framework Manager, Security and Report Studio
- Advanced level, 5+ years of experience in SQL
- Advanced level, 2+ years of experience in Cognos GoMobile and GoOffice and in Financial Service background
- Intermediate level, 2+ years of experience in Cognos SDK Development, Microsoft Analysis Services Cubes, SQL Server RDBMS tool suite, Data Warehouse Architecture, .Net Development
- Intermediate level, “Nice to Have“ experience in MicrosoftDTS, SSIS and SSRS and Netezza Integration
- At least 5-6 Years of experience with Cognos 8.4/10.1Business Intelligence and/or Cognos performance management as a developer andarchitect.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience
- Must have hands-on technology experience in Business intelligence and Data Warehousing
- Must have 5 years of hands-on experience in software application development.
- Strong problem solving, communication (verbal and written)and analytical skills.
- Experience with relational and dimensional data.
- Experience with data mapping and dimensional data modeling techniques
- Strong background in SQL Server, Analysis Services, Oracle
- Working Knowledge of .Net, Java or other external applications interacting with Cognos BI and dimensional data via the CognosSDK.
- Cognos BI Professional Author or Application Developer Certifications is highly preferred.
- Development Life-cycles & Methodologies (Agile)
- Process & Procedures (Best Practices, O&M, etc.)
- Migration/Replacement experience
- Financial Planning & Forecasting
- Defined and/or delivered advanced/mature BI solutions
- External participation/exposure to newer BI trends (i.e. data visualization, Collaborative BI, big data, etc.)
- SSRS or Crystal Report experience is a plus
- Netezza experience is a plus
What We Offer:
- Work with terrific customers on large, innovative projects
- Amazing colleagues to work with, share and learn from
- High-energy atmosphere of a growing and successful company
- An attractive compensation package with generous benefits (medical, dental, vision and life), 401K and Section 125 pre-tax offerings (POP and FSA plans)