Grid Dynamics International, Inc. designs and builds massively scalable mission-critical systems. We help customers such as Cisco, PayPal, eBay, Macy’s, ING and Microsoft create systems and products that handle exceptional peak loads, scale on demand and always stay up.
Using the latest advances in grid and cloud computing we turn monolithic software into scalable services and static, underutilized server farms into virtualized compute clouds. The results: better performance, higher availability, faster time-to-market and much lower operational costs.
Our team consists of over 150 exceptionally passionate software engineers and scientists who love tackling difficult problems. Over the past five years we have developed a track record for innovation and quality with nearly every one of our customers.
In 2011, Grid Dynamics was selected by Stanford University for its “World Economic Forum Report on Global Entrepreneurship” presented at Davos, Switzerland and was named a “Cool Vendor in Infrastructure Services” by Gartner Research. In 2010, Grid Dynamics was selected as one of the eight Harvard Business School (HBS) Alumni Association of Northern California’s “HBS Promising Start-ups”. In 2009, Grid Dynamics was named as one of the “Top cloud computing players” by Cloud Computing Journal and was nominated as one of Microsoft’s “Start-up to Watch”
The On-site DevOps Engineer is a key technical and customer facing role. The On-site DevOps Engineer works with the DevOps Lead, Program Manager, Client Architect and directly with the customers to create robust continuous delivery pipeline on complex projects.
The On-site DevOps Engineer is involved in the build, support, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of code compilation processes, software release processes, and source code management for web-based Java applications.
The DevOps Engineer is responsible for the part of delivery pipeline starting from code committed to revision control system and ending with application deployed to production. The mission of the On-site DevOps Engineer is to fully automate this part of delivery pipeline in order to get new features implemented by developers through the pipeline to production as fast as and as smooth as possible.
Expertise with deployment and provisioning automation, configuration management and continuous integration concepts and tools is required. Good understanding of agile development process is also necessary.
A note about Grid Dynamics International’s DevOps:
DevOps is a philosophy that aims to increase business agility by streamlining processes between Development and Operations organizations within enterprises. It is a disruptive change that affects communication, processes and tooling.
- As a part of the continuous delivery team, understand current delivery process and find pain points.
- Propose optimizations and improvements to the process.
- Implement components of the delivery pipeline, related to CI and deployment automation, according the proposed design.
- Work closely with all participants of the delivery process: development, QA, DevOps, and release engineering teams.
- Work with offshore teams to communicate onsite activities and exchange information
- Provide troubleshooting/support for all environments in current lab current for builds and deployments.
- Automates repeatable tasks with scripting languages such as Bash/Ruby/Python.
- At least 3 years of experience in relevant fields: release engineering, continuous integration, deployment automation.
- Excellent knowledge of Linux/Unix-based operating systems.
- Understanding Networking fundamentals.
- Programming background, knowledge of at least on least one model programming language (preferably Python or Ruby).
- Experience with build automation tools (maven, ant)
- Experience with distributed revision control systems (git, mercurial)
- Experience with deployment automation and configuration management tools (Chef, Puppet).
- Experience with continuous integration tools (Jenkins, TeamCity).
- Good knowledge of public cloud concepts (Amazon EC2, GoGrid, Rackspace)
- Good knowledge of private cloud concepts (VMware, Parallels)
- Excellent problem solving skills, initiative and intellectual curiosity.
- Good communication, customer and presentation skills.
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Comfort in working with globally distributed teams.
- Self-starter who can work in a dynamic projects.
- BA or MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field from a leading university.
What We Offer
- Work in the Bay Area with terrific customers on large, innovative projects
- Amazing colleagues to work with, share and learn from
- High-energy atmosphere of a growing and successful company
- A very attractive compensation package with generous benefits (medical, dental, vision and life), 401K and Section 125 pre-tax offerings (POP and FSA plans)
- Employees’ Stock Options Plan