Join a brand new project to develop a testing harness for one of the largest Hadoop clusters in the world, processing 100 Billion events per day. Become a core member of the quality engineering team working on development and white box testing of Apache Hadoop project and related projects including Hive, Pig and HBase. Work side by side with our clients, major Apache Hadoop contributors. A unique opportunity for skilled and passionate engineers to contribute to one of the strongest open source communities, collaborate with Hadoop creators and learn what it takes to test world’s largest distributed system.
- Design and develop test automation frameworks for the Hadoop ecosystem
- Analyze, maintain, and improve CI/CD and QE processes in the Hadoop community and corporate Hadoop vendors
- Participate in white box testing of the Hadoop projects. Maintain and improve unit and integration tests, explore Hadoop internals
- Collaborate with leading Hadoop contributors and corporate users
Required Skills and Experience
- Deep understanding of the Java platform and hands-on Java programming experience
- Hands-on experience with Linux and shell
- Excellent understanding of test automation principles and techniques: TDD, code coverage, instrumentation etc.
- Strong experience with SVN, git, ant, maven, CI tools
- Experience with large-scale advanced CI/CD processes is a plus
- Experience with Hadoop or other distributed platforms and databases is a plus
- Good understanding of software reliability principles (replication, failover, data consistency etc). Ability to test these properties.
- Strong performance engineering skills (profiling, code analysis, JVM-specific performance tuning etc).
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Work on bleeding-edge projects with highly-scalable eCommerce stack, in a team of experienced and motivated developers and QA engineers
- Flexible working hours
- Business trips to San Francisco/Bay Area
- Health insurance, benefit package, company-sponsored conferences, vacations