We are looking for a great developer with strong technical expertise, who is interested in joining our OpenStack based Cloud project, responsible for developing a highly scalable Cloud platform based on OpenStack. As a key member of this team, you will be working in a collaborative with a team of recognized experts. This is an excellent opportunity to become a key contributor to OpenStack projects, while creating the next generation of network-centric cloud architectures.
You’ll be part of a bright engineering team that has an open communication, empowerment, innovation, teamwork and customer success culture.
- Design and implement technical solutions in the IaaS space;
- Produce high quality, tested and documented artifacts;
- Create, evaluate and select options for technology design;
- Assist with technical sales support;
- Actively engage the OpenStack community and other relevant open source work efforts .
Desired Skills & Experience
- Extensive hands on experience (3+ years) software engineering
- Ability to write and/or assess high quality code (Python, C, bash);
- Strong understanding of software design;
- Experience in designing distributed systems is a big plus;
- Experience with continuous testing and deployment;
- Knowledge of basic administration of operating systems, at least — Linux.
- Knowledge of network protocols and technologies;
- Good Virtualization knowledge on Linux/KVM and Xen PV.
- Experience in building reliable systems using Open Source software;
- Ability to work on every level of the stack, from the application down to the metal;
- Knowledge of SQL-based DBMS, at least MySQL;
- Experience with NOSQL systems is a plus;
- Experience with messaging brokers and frameworks is a plus;
- Ability to work with DVCS: Git, Mercurial, Bazaar-NG, is a plus;
- Extensive knowledge with massively scalable systems or cloud computing strongly preferred
- Knowledge of high-performance web or enterprise applications, parallel processing or cloud computing strongly preferred;
- Exceptional problem solving skills and intellectual curiosity;
- Passion for innovation and creative problem solving;
- Ability to proactively identify engineering problems and coordinate resolution;
- Ability to supervise work of others and delegate tasks is a plus;
- Good interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written;
- BA or MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field from a leading university
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Work on bleeding-edge projects with highly-scalable e-Commerce stack, in a team of experienced and motivated developers and QA engineers
- Flexible working hours
- Business trips to San Francisco/Bay Area
- Health insurance, benefit package, company-sponsored conferences, vacations
- Beautiful and well-equipped office located in the center of the city