Senior BigData engineer with Teradata
You will be involved in the process of design and development of the Big Data ecosystem for gathering and analyzing data on customer behavior and getting business meaningful insights out of it.
We are looking for someone with solid Teradata experience, great with performance tuning and also knows all of the tools in the environment really well so they can help drive roadmaps and coordinate an existing offshore team.
- Participate in the design and development of high-performance business applications, from requirements analysis to production
- Constantly improve software quality (evaluate and incorporate new libraries, tools and technologies; code reviews; refactoring; testing; etc.)
- Analyze and improve application performance
- Search for simple and robust solutions to complex tasks
- Work in an Agile methodology environment where innovation, teamwork, and creativity are the keys to success
- Collaborate with a team of developers, QA engineers, analysts
- Solid Teradata background is required
- Senior big data data engineer with Spark experience
- Several years of working with a Teradata system (understanding it’s cogs and wheels, how to optimize it, system tables)
- At least familiar with Scala (or Java) - preferably solid experience of course
- Hadoop, Kubernetes, Azkaban, Airflow, Kafka, Dremino - the usual current & upcoming AMP Apple technology stack is a bonus
- Very Good English language and communication skills
- Opportunity to work on bleeding-edge projects
- Work with a highly motivated and dedicated team
- Competitive salary
- Flexible schedule
- Medical insurance
- Benefits program
- Social package - medical insurance, sports
- Corporate social events
- Professional development opportunities
Grid Dynamics is the engineering services company known for transformative, mission-critical cloud solutions for retail, finance and technology sectors. We architected some of the busiest e-commerce services on the Internet and have never had an outage during the peak season. Founded in 2006 and headquartered in San Ramon, California with offices throughout the US and Eastern Europe, we focus on big data analytics, scalable omnichannel services, DevOps, and cloud enablement.
Don’t see the right opportunity?Contact us anyway and let’s talk! To apply, send your resume and cover letter to moc.scimanyddirg@sboj
Grid Dynamics is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees during their employment and for all candidates during the application process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.