Senior Big Data Developer
Our projects cover such business domains as E-Commerce, Digital Advertising, Finance and Banking, Manufacturing, Product Development, etc.
From project to project technology stack may vary but in most cases we work with this set helping our Engineers to grow in all these areas:
2. Java Core
5. NoSQL (Cassandra / Redis / MongoDB / HBase, etc.)
7. Design patterns
8. Parallel Distributed Processing / Multithreading / Concurrency / CAP Theorem, etc.
9. Data Processing approaches
9.1. Batch Processing
9.2. Stream Processing
10. Big Data platforms, frameworks and services
10.1. Hadoop (HDFS / Yarn / MapReduce / Hive / Pig / Parquet / Avro, etc.)
10.2. Spark and Spark Streaming
10.3. Kafka / Beam / Flink / Ignite / NiFi / StreamSets, etc.
11. Analytical databases (Yandex Clickhouse / Druid / Vertica / Impala, etc.)
12. Workflow Schedulers (Airflow / Oozie / Azkaban / Taverna, etc.)
13. Tools for Data Visualisation and Reporting (Tableau / QlikView / Domo, etc.)
14. Cloud Services
14.1. Google Cloud (GCP) data services (BigQuery / Cloud Bigtable / Cloud Storage / Cloud SQL / Cloud Spanner / Cloud Datastore / Cloud Pub/Sub / Cloud Dataflow / App Engine / Compute Engine / TensorFlow / Stackdriver , etc.)
14.2. AWS (Kinesis / Redshift / Lambda / Athena, etc.)
14.3. Azure (Databricks / Data Lake Storage / Stream Analytics / Data Lake Analytics / SQL Data Warehouse, etc.)
15. Data Science Models usage (optional)
Non-specific common requirements:
- Readiness for long-term assignments onsite of 6+ months will be a big plus.
- Good understanding of distributed and highload system architectures.
- Network and OS (*nix!) drawbacks and optimizations.
- Extensive experience with production troubleshooting and monitoring.
- Ability to work with vague requirements.
- Good communication skills.
- Opportunity to work on bleeding-edge projects
- Work with a highly motivated and dedicated team
- Competitive salary
- Flexible schedule
- Benefits program
- Social package - medical insurance, sports
- Corporate social events
- Professional development opportunities
- Opportunity for long business trips to the US and possibility for relocation
Grid Dynamics is the engineering services company known for transformative, mission-critical cloud solutions for retail, finance and technology sectors. We architected some of the busiest e-commerce services on the Internet and have never had an outage during the peak season. Founded in 2006 and headquartered in San Ramon, California with offices throughout the US and Eastern Europe, we focus on big data analytics, scalable omnichannel services, DevOps, and cloud enablement.
Don’t see the right opportunity?Contact us anyway and let’s talk! To apply, send your resume and cover letter to moc.scimanyddirg@sboj
Grid Dynamics is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees during their employment and for all candidates during the application process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.