Senior Data Analyst
We are looking for a strong data analyst for the position in the project developed for one of the largest US e-commerce retailers. The customer has a number of data models that are used for search and recommendations that need optimization and tuning. The position offers an opportunity to be at the very beginning of the large re-platforming effort and has a direct influence on the business success of the large e-commerce business.
- Analyze existing data models, identify gaps and suggest improvements
- Build self-service tools and reports to analyze and present data associated with business operations and strategic decision making.
- Demonstrate the results of analyses using visualization tools.
- Work closely with stakeholders, data engineering teams, data scientists and business users to gather requirements, discuss improvements, deliver support and guidance.
- Excellent analytical skills. Ability to learn from customers, analyze data and advise management on how the strategy can be improved and how reusable technical solutions can be developed.
- Good communication and presentation skills. Ability to communicate findings clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL.
- Familiarity and working experience with at least one BI tool like Tableau or MS PowerBI.
- English language at upper-intermediate (B2) level or higher.
Good to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Economics or a related field, or equivalent years of work experience.
- A high level of mathematical ability: knowledge of statistics and the right comfort level with formulae required for analyzing data to provide real-world value.
- Ability to write data processing code and dashboards using Python or R.
- Familiarity with Data Science and experience working with ML models.
- Opportunity to work on bleeding-edge projects.
- Work with a highly motivated and dedicated team.
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible schedule.
- Medical insurance.
- Benefits program.
- Social package - medical insurance, sports.
- Corporate social events.
- Professional development opportunities.
Grid Dynamics is the engineering services company known for transformative, mission-critical cloud solutions for retail, finance and technology sectors. We architected some of the busiest e-commerce services on the Internet and have never had an outage during the peak season. Founded in 2006 and headquartered in San Ramon, California with offices throughout the US and Eastern Europe, we focus on big data analytics, scalable omnichannel services, DevOps, and cloud enablement.
Don’t see the right opportunity?Contact us anyway and let’s talk! To apply, send your resume and cover letter to moc.scimanyddirg@sboj
Grid Dynamics is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees during their employment and for all candidates during the application process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.