Technical Project Manager
We are seeking a Technical Project Management, who will lead one or several project teams for one of the technical leaders of the IT industry. The position starts with a long-term assignment in Silicon Valley, USA, and then continues in one of offshore Grid Dynamics locations in Poland, Russia, Ukraine, or Serbia.
The Technical Project Manager reports to the Delivery Director and is ultimately responsible for delivery of assigned projects within the account. Specific responsibilities and job duties of the Technical Project Manager include:
- Managing globally distributed engineering project team using Agile methodologies
- Be responsible for the overall planning, execution, and success of complex technical projects
- Achieving and sustaining high levels of client satisfaction
- Establishing efficient communication channels between Grid Dynamics project teams and the client organizations
- Reviewing architecture, critical parts of code and ensuring that code quality adheres to client’s coding standards
- Setting up, maintaining and improving reliable delivery processes in accordance with industry best practices
- Increasing transparency of the delivery organization by regularly and accurately reporting status to the Delivery Director
- Expanding the team by selecting right talent from the market, as well as by guiding professional development of existing team members
The Technical Project Manager position requires excellent leadership, people management and problem solving skills. The innovative nature of Grid Dynamics demands extensive practical knowledge of efficient software engineering processes combined with an ability to adapt and learn quickly. Specific qualifications for the position include:
- 7+ years of experience in software engineering industry with at least 3 years in leadership or management
- Hands-on experience in Java Development
- Proven track record of creating and managing globally distributed delivery teams of 10+ engineers
- Excellent understanding and practical experience with modern project management methodologies and software engineering processes
- Track record of attracting and retaining top talent
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability and willingness to travel to the USA for a long term assignment (12-18 months).
- Full professional proficiency in English
What we offer:
- Opportunity to work on bleeding-edge projects
- Work with a highly motivated and professional team
- Competitive salary
- Flexible schedule
- Medical insurance
- Corporate social events
- Professional development opportunities
Grid Dynamics is the engineering services company known for transformative, mission-critical cloud solutions for retail, finance and technology sectors. We architected some of the busiest e-commerce services on the Internet and have never had an outage during the peak season. Founded in 2006 and headquartered in San Ramon, California with offices throughout the US and Eastern Europe, we focus on big data analytics, scalable omnichannel services, DevOps, and cloud enablement.
Grid Dynamics is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees during their employment and for all candidates during the application process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.