Lead BigData Developer with Python / Spark / NoSQL / Cloud
We're looking for a Senior BigData Developer, who is able to take over leadership on BigData project for a top American multinational food, snack and beverage corporation. We are building a Data Analytics and Management platform to provide NextGen level of business operations efficiency on the global market.
- Design, implement and deploy, scalable, fault-tolerant pipelines that ingest, and refine large diverse (structured, semi-structured and unstructured datasets) into simplified, accessible data models in production
- Improve and maintain the data infrastructure
- Work closely with data scientists and analysts to create and deploy new features
- Built departmental data-marts for supporting analytics across the company
- Monitor and plan out core infrastructure enhancements
- Contribute to and promote good software engineering practices across the team
- Mentor and educate team members to adopt best practices in writing and maintaining production code
- Communicate clearly and effectively to technical and non-technical audiences
- 2+ years of solid experience working with Python
- In-depth knowledge of Spark
- Experience working with Cloud solutions
- Experience working with a variety of relational SQL and NoSQL databases
- Working experience with performance tuning on any RDBMS.
Nice to have:
- Experience on Azure platform, Data Lake, Blob , HiveSQL, Data Bricks, CI/CD pipeline
- Good experience in Hive
- Unix shell scripting experience
- Experience on Teradata
- Ability to work independently and prioritize work across multiple projects
- Experience at data analysis and profiling
- Opportunity to work on bleeding-edge projects
- Work with a highly motivated and dedicated team
- Competitive salary
- Flexible schedule
- Medical insurance
- Benefits program
- Corporate social events
Grid Dynamics is the engineering services company known for transformative, mission-critical cloud solutions for retail, finance and technology sectors. We architected some of the busiest e-commerce services on the Internet and have never had an outage during the peak season. Founded in 2006 and headquartered in San Ramon, California with offices throughout the US and Eastern Europe, we focus on big data analytics, scalable omnichannel services, DevOps, and cloud enablement.
Don’t see the right opportunity?Contact us anyway and let’s talk! To apply, send your resume and cover letter to moc.scimanyddirg@sboj
Grid Dynamics is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees during their employment and for all candidates during the application process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.