Senior BigData Engineer (Python, Kafka, Spark Streaming, AWS), E-commerce
Our client is the world’s most iconic denim brand, who believe that technology is a key to business success.
As a data engineer, you will build a solid data foundation that powers the entire spectrum from Business Intelligence to Artificial Intelligence. You’ll be part of the team responsible for transition from batch to real-time, one-to-one to many-to-many connections, centrally managed infrastructure to self-service tools that allow easy experimentation, and from manual to automated processes.
This role will work closely with the Data Science and AI team and will focus on enablement and acceleration of new and existing workflows. This role is ideal for someone looking to extend software engineering skills into the field of Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence.
- Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for data analyses, model development, validation and implementation
- Work closely with data scientists and analysts to create and deploy new features
- Write efficient and well-organized software to ship products in an iterative, continual-release environment
- Monitor and plan out core infrastructure enhancements
- Mentor and educate team members to adopt best practices in writing and maintaining production code
- 2+ years of solid experience working with Python
- Extensive knowledge of Kafka and Spark Streaming
- Strong experience working with AWS
- Expertise in standard software engineering methodology, e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation
- English level: Upper-Intermediate and higher
Nice to have:
- University or advanced degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, or a related field
- Knowledge of least basics of Databricks Delta Lake concepts
- Strong experience working with a variety of relational SQL and NoSQL databases
- Strong knowledge of data pipeline and workflow management tools
- Experience in setting up, maintaining and optimizing databases for production usage in reporting, analysis and ML applications
- Relevant working experience with Docker and Kubernetes preferred
- Opportunity to work on bleeding-edge projects
- Work with a highly motivated and dedicated team
- Competitive salary
- Flexible schedule
- Medical insurance
- Benefits program
- Corporate social events
Grid Dynamics is the engineering services company known for transformative, mission-critical cloud solutions for retail, finance and technology sectors. We architected some of the busiest e-commerce services on the Internet and have never had an outage during the peak season. Founded in 2006 and headquartered in San Ramon, California with offices throughout the US and Eastern Europe, we focus on big data analytics, scalable omnichannel services, DevOps, and cloud enablement.
Don’t see the right opportunity?Contact us anyway and let’s talk! To apply, send your resume and cover letter to moc.scimanyddirg@sboj
Grid Dynamics is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees during their employment and for all candidates during the application process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.