Principal Machine Learning Engineer (Remote)
- Design and supervise implementation solutions in search and recommendation space using state-of-the art techniques. Identify and prototype solutions.
- Contribute to the creation of the product vision, roadmap and architecture in the space of product discovery and recommendation systems.
- Reverse engineer and analyse existing systems, identify gaps and possible improvements.
- Provide guidance on modern cloud-native ML deployment and management platforms.
- Consult a team of up to 15 ML-, Data-, and Software engineers across different time zones
- Consult Grid Dynamics customers on applicability of different solutions and techniques
- Participate in pre-sales and project initiation
- Produce technical articles and case studies in collaboration with the CTO office.
- 7+ years of technical experience
- 5+ years of experience developing ML-based solutions with classical and deep learning approaches
- Working knowledge of server-side programming, Python, jupyter, and modern public cloud platforms
- Strong systems analysis and data analysis skills
- Excellent communication and technical writing skills
- Experience building information retrieval and recommendation systems
- Experience with Lucene-based open source search engines (Elasticsearch and/or Solr)
- Experience with natural language processing, using classic and deep learning based approaches
- Experience building data-intensive applications and real-time data processing using hosted cloud-native data platforms
- Background in statistics
- Working knowledge of Java and JVM platform
- Familiarity with AWS
- Opportunity to work on bleeding-edge projects
- Work with a highly motivated and dedicated team
- Competitive salary
- Flexible schedule
- Medical insurance
- Benefits program
- Corporate social events
Placement and Staffing Agencies need not apply. We do not work with C2C at this time.
At this moment, we are not able to process H1B transfers.
Grid Dynamics is the engineering services company known for transformative, mission-critical cloud solutions for retail, finance and technology sectors. We architected some of the busiest e-commerce services on the Internet and have never had an outage during the peak season. Founded in 2006 and headquartered in San Ramon, California with offices throughout the US and Eastern Europe, we focus on big data analytics, scalable omnichannel services, DevOps, and cloud enablement.
Grid Dynamics is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees during their employment and for all candidates during the application process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.