Senior Data Scientist
As a Lead data scientist, you will leverage your communication skills to work with business stakeholders and gain an intimate understand of the data, business use case, and key business milestones. You will use your technical expertise to design data science models and frameworks and lead efforts in ML models productization. You will work with program managers and other team leaders to ensure the on-time communication and delivery of key deliverables.
As a Lead Data Scientist, you will handle complex problems independently and demonstrate analytical thinking. In this position, you will make judgments and recommendations based on the analysis and your expert understanding of the data.
The position requires excellent communication skills and experience working directly with technical teams as well as with business stakeholders. Being able to present findings in a meaningful and clear way is a must.
· Define the best ML solutions in areas of customer segmentation, collaborative filtering, NLP, A/B testing, and time series forecasting.
· Lead ML models development using Python/Tensorflow/Keras/Spark stack.
· Plan the R&D process to fit sprint goals as well as the project milestones.
· Help lead a team of data scientists and ML engineers.
· Drive the collection, cleaning, processing, and analysis of existing and new data sources.
· Communicate with business stakeholders to clarify their requirements and present the teamwork results.
· Learn & stay current on developments in one or more analytics domains: Optimization, Machine Learning, Deep Learning / AI, Simulation, etc.
· Advanced degree (MS/PhD) in a relevant technical field (e.g., Computer Science, Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research) with 5+ years’ experience in related data science, analytics, and model building roles.
· Strong practical knowledge of machine learning techniques and methodologies such as supervised/unsupervised learning, time series modeling, A/B testing, response modeling, lift modeling, survival analysis.
· Experience with look-alike modeling and sequential-input models, RNNs (LSTM, GRU, etc.)
· Experience with NLP and textual data analysis.
· Strong working experience in Python, SQL and NoSQL DBs.
· Practical skills in usage of big data technologies and tools including Hadoop, Hive, Spark.
· Fluency in such technologies like Tensorflow, keras, scikit, gensim, stanfordNLP, PySpark.
· Understanding of and experience with customer intelligence & marketing domains a plus.
· Great communication and presentation skills. Proven ability to present progress made by the team to senior business management and the project stakeholders.
· Familiarity with cloud ML Platforms (Google AI Platform, Amazon Sagemaker, MS Azure AI Platform) is a plus.
· Experience in working across different global cultures is a plus.
· Opportunity to work on bleeding-edge projects
· Work with a highly motivated and dedicated team
· Very competitive salary
· Flexible schedule
· Medical insurance
· Benefits program
· Corporate social events
· Professional development opportunities
Placement and Staffing Agencies need not apply. We do not work with C2C at this time.
At this moment, we are not able to process H1B transfers. Applicants with CPT and OPT visas are welcome to apply.
Grid Dynamics is the engineering services company known for transformative, mission-critical cloud solutions for retail, finance and technology sectors.
We architected some of the busiest e-commerce services on the Internet and have never had an outage during the peak season.
Founded in 2006 and headquartered in San Ramon, California with offices throughout the US and Eastern Europe, we focus on big data analytics, omnichannel services, DevOps, and cloud enablement.
Don’t see the right opportunity?Contact us anyway and let’s talk! To apply, send your resume and cover letter to moc.scimanyddirg@sboj
Grid Dynamics is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees during their employment and for all candidates during the application process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.