Senior Data Modeler
This role will be responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of data models and standards for a big data environment to address the data and analytics needs of a very fast-paced multi-brand organization
- Works with the Data and Analytics team of product owners, scrum masters, business analysts, and enterprise data architects to understand reporting and analytics requirements of the business.
- Performs data profiling or analysis activities that will help understand the source and target data attributes.
- Designs and develops conceptual, logical, and physical data models that are scalable and optimized to meet data warehouse architecture as well as business analytics need.
- Implements and maintains data models for conformed / raw and mart zones.
- Develops and maintains technical documentation, metadata definition, and catalog of the data structures in brand-agnostic conformed layer and data mart.
- Articulates data modeling principles and guidelines to ETL developers.
- Collaborates with ETL developers to architect and develop ETL processes as per the defined data models.
- Researches, troubleshoots, and resolves data issues impacting reports and dashboard delivery.
- Understands existing data models and optimizes for enhanced performance.
- Collaborates with the data and analytics team to suggest efficient and innovative solutions.
- Supports ongoing maintenance of data structures in the data platform.
- Demonstrated knowledge in cloud data platforms (e.g., Snowflake, Databricks Delta, Big Query etc.)
- Proficiency in SQL; Ability to understand, modify and write complex SQL queries
- Knowledge of ETL tools preferably Talend, SSIS or Azure Data Factory
- Experience in any programming language such as Java, Python, Scala
- Four years of college degree, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in data modeling methodologies and techniques (Relational, Star, Snowflake and no SQL Schema) and Database Warehousing Deep understanding of conceptual, logical and physical data models
- Experience with modern Data modeling tools (e.g., Erwin, ER Studio, SQL DBM etc.) and standards
- Experience with information architecture concepts (Master data management, metadata management) Proficiency in data lifecycle and data architecture concepts
- Good understanding of Agile and SDLC methodologies Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and leading practices
What we offer:
- Opportunity to work on bleeding-edge projects
- Work with a highly motivated and dedicated team
- Competitive salary
- Flexible schedule
- Benefits package - medical insurance, sports
- Corporate social events
- Professional development opportunities
- Well-equipped office
Placement and Staffing Agencies need not apply.
Grid Dynamics is a leading provider of technology consulting, agile co-creation, scalable engineering, and data science services for Fortune 500 corporations undergoing digital transformation.
We work in close collaboration with our clients on digital transformation initiatives that span strategy consulting, early prototypes, and enterprise-scale delivery of new digital platforms. We help organizations become more agile and create innovative digital products and experiences using deep expertise in emerging technology, top global engineering talent, lean software development practices, and high-performance product culture.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley with over 1,300 technologists located in engineering delivery centers throughout the US, Central, and Eastern Europe, Grid Dynamics has architected and delivered some of the most extensive digital transformation programs in the retail, technology, and financial sectors to help its clients win market share, shorten time to market and reduce costs of digital operations on a massive scale.
To learn more about Grid Dynamics, visit www.griddynamics.com, or follow us on Twitter @GridDynamics.
Don’t see the right opportunity?Contact us anyway and let’s talk! To apply, send your resume and cover letter to moc.scimanyddirg@sboj
Grid Dynamics is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees during their employment and for all candidates during the application process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.