BigData Developer (Java, Spark, GCP), Big Tech
Our client is a giant of search expertise with an important mission to help to optimize retailers conversion rates and overall customer experience.
This project goal is to build an ecosystem of integration tools around search engines targeted for retail. As a BigData Developer, you will build and maintain highly scalable ETL pipelines and data driven systems.
- Design, implement and deploy, scalable, fault-tolerant pipelines that ingest, and refine large diverse (structured, semi-structured and unstructured datasets) into simplified, accessible data models accepted by search engine API
- Design, implement and deploy reusable, scalable components for automation of integrating ETL pipelines into customers infrastructure
- Provide quality data solutions in a timely manner and be responsible for data governance and integrity while meeting objectives and maintaining SLAs
- Improve and maintain the data infrastructure
- Monitor and plan out core infrastructure enhancements
- Contribute to and promote good software engineering practices across the team
- Mentor and educate team members to adopt best practices in writing and maintaining production code
- Communicate clearly and effectively to technical and non-technical audiences
- 2+ years of solid experience working with Java
- Strong Cloud experience (GCP is preferrable)
- Strong experience working with Spark
- Strong experience working with a variety of relational SQL and NoSQL databases
Nice to have:
- Experience with streaming services such as Dataflow
- Deep understanding of BigQuery
- Understanding of Pub/Sub and other messaging services (Kafka, RabbitMQ etc)
- Good experience in different RDBMS
- Ability to work independently and prioritize work across multiple projects
- Experience at data analysis and profiling
- Opportunity to work on bleeding-edge projects
- Work with a highly motivated and dedicated team
- Competitive salary
- Flexible schedule
- Medical insurance
- Benefits program
- Corporate social events
Grid Dynamics is the engineering services company known for transformative, mission-critical cloud solutions for retail, finance and technology sectors. We architected some of the busiest e-commerce services on the Internet and have never had an outage during the peak season. Founded in 2006 and headquartered in San Ramon, California with offices throughout the US and Eastern Europe, we focus on big data analytics, scalable omnichannel services, DevOps, and cloud enablement.
Don’t see the right opportunity?Contact us anyway and let’s talk! To apply, send your resume and cover letter to moc.scimanyddirg@sboj
Grid Dynamics is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees during their employment and for all candidates during the application process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.