Senior BigData Developer (Python, Spark, Clouds), Restaurant Leader
Our client is an American holding company and the owner and franchisor restaurant chains. They currently operates Support Centers in Atlanta, Oklahoma City, Champaign, Minneapolis, and Canton. With their latest acquisition they became the 2nd largest Restaurant chain in the US, with more than 30 000 locations globally with a workforce of around 650 000 employees.
We are looking for a Data Engineer for the Enterprise Data Organization to build and manage data pipeline (Data ingest, data transformation, data distribution, quality rules, data storage etc.) for Azure cloud based data platform. The candidate will require to possess strong technical, analytical, programming and critical thinking skills. Ideal candidate will have familiarity with data transformation, data modeling, master data management, and meta data management.
- Design and Build Data flows from different data sources into Azure cloud based Data Lake using latest Data Pipelining tools and Big Data storages
- Build and manage data pipeline (data ingest, data transformation, data distribution, quality rules, data storage etc.) for Azure cloud based data platform
- Provide quality data solutions in a timely manner and be responsible for data governance and integrity while meeting objectives and maintaining SLAs
- Improve and maintain the data infrastructure
- Contribute to and promote good software engineering practices across the team
- Communicate clearly and effectively to technical and non-technical audiences
- Professional data engineering experience focused on batch and real time data pipelines using Spark, PySpark, Python, SQL
- Hands-on design and development experience in data space: data processing / data transformation using ETL tools
- Experience working on a cloud environment, preferably, Microsoft Azure Cloud Data Warehouse solutions (Snowflake, Azure DW)
- Proactive approach to problem solving with effective influencing skills
- Familiar with Agile practices and methodologies
Nice to have:
- Working experience with Java
- Hands-on Talend work experience
- Understanding of data science and visualization technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Databricks)
- Opportunity to work on bleeding-edge projects
- Work with a highly motivated and dedicated team
- Competitive salary
- Flexible schedule
- Medical insurance
- Benefits program
- Corporate social events
Grid Dynamics is the engineering services company known for transformative, mission-critical cloud solutions for retail, finance and technology sectors. We architected some of the busiest e-commerce services on the Internet and have never had an outage during the peak season. Founded in 2006 and headquartered in San Ramon, California with offices throughout the US and Eastern Europe, we focus on big data analytics, scalable omnichannel services, DevOps, and cloud enablement.
Grid Dynamics is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees during their employment and for all candidates during the application process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.