Senior Data Engineer
We are looking for a Lead/Senior Data Engineer for one of our Dallas area-based clients in the retail industry. This engineer will be a part of the Data & Analytics organization, and will initially focus on the merchandising and supply chain domain areas. Responsibilities will include building and managing the data pipelines (Data ingest, data transformation, data distribution, quality rules, data storage etc.) for an AWS cloud-based data analytics platform. The candidate will possess strong technical, analytical, programming and critical thinking skills. The ideal candidate will have familiarity with data transformation, data modeling, Master data management, and Meta data management. This candidate will work as a lead/senior engineer on an existing team mixed with client engineers, as well as engineers from our offshore development centers, based out of Eastern Europe, and will interact with the client stakeholders.
- Professional data engineering experience focused on batch and real time data pipelines using Python and SQL
- Data warehouse (data modeling, programming) using Snowflake, RDBMS experience
- Experience working on a cloud environment, preferably, AWS Cloud Data Warehouse solutions (Snowflake, Redshift)
- Good interpersonal skills; comfort and competence in dealing with different teams within the organization.
- Requires an ability to interface with multiple constituent groups and build sustainable relationships.
- Strong and effective communication skills (verbal and written).
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills.
- A go-getter and a problem solver, with an ability to prioritize, work to deadlines, and work under pressure
- Results-oriented, flexible, adaptable.
- Work well independently, and be a team player.
- Versatile, creative temperament, ability to think out-of-the box while defining sound and practical solutions.
- Ability to master new skills.
- Proactive approach to problem solving with effective influencing skills.
- Familiar with Agile practices and methodologies
Nice to Have:
- Apache Airflow DAG process familiarity
- Understanding of data science and visualization technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Databricks)
What we offer:
- Opportunity to work on bleeding-edge projects
- Work with a highly motivated and dedicated team
- Competitive salary
- Flexible schedule
- Benefits program (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, etc.)
- Professional development opportunities
Grid Dynamics is a leading provider of technology consulting, agile co-creation, scalable engineering and data science services for Fortune 500 corporations undergoing digital transformation.
We work in close collaboration with our clients on digital transformation initiatives that span strategy consulting, early prototypes and enterprise-scale delivery of new digital platforms. We help organizations become more agile and create innovative digital products and experiences using deep expertise in emerging technology, top global engineering talent, lean software development practices, and high-performance product culture.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley with over 1,300 technologists located in engineering delivery centers throughout the US, Central and Eastern Europe, Grid Dynamics has architected and delivered some of the most extensive digital transformation programs in the retail, technology and financial sectors to help its clients win market share, shorten time to market and reduce costs of digital operations on a massive scale.
To learn more about Grid Dynamics, visit www.griddynamics.com, or follow us on Twitter @GridDynamics.
Don’t see the right opportunity?Contact us anyway and let’s talk! To apply, send your resume and cover letter to moc.scimanyddirg@sboj
Grid Dynamics is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees during their employment and for all candidates during the application process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.