Big Data Architect
- Works with matrixed data engineering team to deliver data pipelines on on-prem and cloud infrastructure.
- Establish frameworks and reusable components for repeatable data ingestion processes.
- Support systems integration testing and user acceptance testing
- Support the development of feature / inputs for the data models in an Agile manner
- Work with data science to understand mathematical models and algorithms and educate on how data engineering can help scale automate and deploy models
- Understand the business domain and business use cases.
- Investigate and analyze current systems functionality and non-functional requirements.
- Create long-term, service-oriented or microservices cloud-friendly architecture based on open source technology stacks.
- Plan phases of the client journey towards the final architecture state.
- Lead the engineering team through the implementation.
- Provide technical governance and sign off on engineering team deliverables.
- Big data management and analytics
- Cloud computing (preferably GCP hands on experience on customer intelligence projects)
- Expertise in Python/Java/Scala, SQL, Scripting, Hadoop ecosystem (Sqoop, Hive, Pig, Map Reduce), Spark (Spark Streaming, MLib), Kafka or equivalent Cloud BigData components (specific to the Data Engineering role), Airflow (data pipeline orchestration)
- We offer:
- Opportunity to work on bleeding-edge projects
- Work with a highly motivated and dedicated team
- Very competitive salary
- Flexible schedule
- Medical insurance
- Benefits program
- Corporate social events
- Professional development opportunities
Location: Remote is fine as long as the work is done during PST hours.
NB: Placement and Staffing Agencies need not apply. We do not work with C2C at this time. At this moment, we are not able to process H1B transfers. Applicants with CPT and OPT visas are welcome to apply.
Grid Dynamics is the engineering services company known for transformative, mission-critical cloud solutions for retail, finance and technology sectors.
We architected some of the busiest e-commerce services on the Internet and have never had an outage during the peak season.
Founded in 2006 and headquartered in San Ramon, California with offices throughout the US and Eastern Europe, we focus on big data analytics, omnichannel services, DevOps, and cloud enablement.
Grid Dynamics is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees during their employment and for all candidates during the application process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.