Senior Java Developer
Grid Dynamics is looking for a Senior Java Developer with a specialization in distributed systems and data management to work on complex technology programs. Solution Architect leads the architecture design of business applications for internal company processes.
- 3+ years in Software Development
- Education in Computer Science or similar theoretical knowledge in CS: algorithms and complexity estimation, data structures, operating systems, programming languages
- Great knowledge of Java 8-11 platform (collections, concurrency, etc). A good understanding of JVM internals is a plus
- Hands-on experience with Docker is a plus
- Nice to have an understanding of development principles for Clouds especially for AWS, Kafka, Pulsar, RxJava, Quarkus
- Good knowledge of SQL, Informix or another relational database, Tomcat, Linux Shell Scripting, No SQL Databases
- Knowledge of Apache Cassandra would be a plus
- Experience in enterprise applications development: Java EE (Servlet, JSP, JDBC, JMS, and integration patterns), Spring Source, etc is a plus
- Understanding of distributed architectures and scalability principles
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix-based operating systems (bash/ssh/ps/grep etc.)
- Understanding of SDLC and agile methodologies in particular
- Hands-on experience with developer daily basis tools such as IDE’s, compilers, debuggers, profilers, version control systems, bug tracking systems, build systems (Gradle, Maven2, etc), code coverage, and automated testing tools
- Experience with unit and integration testing (JUnit, TestNG, Mockito, etc.)
- Desire and ability to quickly learn new tools and technologies
- Ability to proactively identify and solve engineering problems
- Good interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written. Good written English is a must
Good to have:
- Enjoy analyzing and solving problems
- Be ready to take responsibility and delivery on the promise
- Don’t shy away from speaking and engaging with people in all roles
- Be able to communicate ideas in a clear and engaging way
- Be resourceful and creative in solving problems
- Understand tactics and strategy in decision making
- Be able to explain complex concepts in understandable terms
- Education in computer science, math, or physics.
- Opportunity to work on bleeding-edge projects.
- Work with a highly motivated and dedicated team.
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible schedule.
- Medical insurance.
- Benefits program.
- Social package - medical insurance, sports.
- Corporate social events.
- Professional development opportunities.
Grid Dynamics is the engineering services company known for transformative, mission-critical cloud solutions for retail, finance and technology sectors. We architected some of the busiest e-commerce services on the Internet and have never had an outage during the peak season. Founded in 2006 and headquartered in San Ramon, California with offices throughout the US and Eastern Europe, we focus on big data analytics, scalable omnichannel services, DevOps, and cloud enablement.
Grid Dynamics is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees during their employment and for all candidates during the application process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.