Senior Backend Engineer - Java
We are actively looking for a Senior Backend Engineer (Java) with excellent technical expertise in the frontend, who is interested in joining our growing project. This is an excellent opportunity to play a role as a key contributor in creating the next generation of network-centric distributed and scalable architectures.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will join a team of engineers, scrum masters, and product owners to envision and deliver robust applications and services that bring omnichannel solutions to the next level. This role will be involved in designing and building secure, highly scalable, and innovative services in a continuous delivery model on the AWS cloud platform.
- 5+ years’ experience using Java (8+ preferred)
- 2+ years’ experience in microservice architecture, domain driven design, and RESTful API’s
- Hands-on experience working in a distributed/cloud-based environment (AWS preferred) with high transaction volumes
- Experience with Spring framework and Spring Boot
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and architecture patterns
- Ability to define solutions, provide estimates of effort and risk, and evaluate technical feasibility
- Proficient with DevOps, modern build strategies, continuous integration, unit testing, and automated integration tests
- Experience with NoSQL data stores to ensure data storage is designed for security, reliability, availability, maintainability, and performance
- Working knowledge of Scrum and agile principles
- Energetic self-starter who can work in a complex collaborative environment that rewards experiments, initiative, curiosity, and mentoring
- Knowledge of version control systems (GIT), issue tracking tools (Jira), and CI/CD related tools (Jenkins, TeamCity, etc.)
- Proficient in pair programming and performing technical code reviews
o Ability to partner with other teams to ensure the service ecosystem is loosely coupled and scalable
- Strong team player and communicator capable of building positive relationships across engineering, product, and architecture
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field
- Equivalent combination of education and professional experience in lieu of a degree
- Opportunity to work on bleeding-edge projects
- Work with a highly motivated and dedicated team
- Very competitive salary
- Flexible schedule
- Medical insurance
- Benefits program
- Corporate social events
- Professional development opportunities
Location: Remote is fine as long as the work is done during PST hours.
NB: Placement and Staffing Agencies need not apply. We do not work with C2C at this time. At this moment, we are not able to process H1B transfers. Applicants with CPT and OPT visas are welcome to apply.
Grid Dynamics is the engineering services company known for transformative, mission-critical cloud solutions for retail, finance and technology sectors.
We architected some of the busiest e-commerce services on the Internet and have never had an outage during the peak season.
Founded in 2006 and headquartered in San Ramon, California with offices throughout the US and Eastern Europe, we focus on big data analytics, omnichannel services, DevOps, and cloud enablement.
Grid Dynamics is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees during their employment and for all candidates during the application process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.