We’re looking for a Data Analyst for a unique opportunity to make a difference in a Fortune 500 company. You will be closely working with the data scientists, data engineers, project managers and business users helping them to analyze data, build data-driven dashboards with tools like Tableau and present results to business decision-makers. We’re in urgent need of a team-player who is passionate about data visualization and analysis, enjoys trying new things, is capable of switching context fast and likes learning new tools and technologies at a fast pace. Extreme attention to details is required for this role.
- Design and build dashboards, self-service tools, and reports to analyze and present data associated with business operations and strategic decision making.
- Demonstrate the results of the analysis using visualization tools.
- Work closely with data engineering teams, data scientists and business users to gather requirements, discuss improvements, deliver support and guidance of new and existing Tableau and MS Power BI based reporting solutions.
- Modify and improve existing reports/dashboards and SQL queries as directed.
- Contribute to updated planning of reporting roadmap.
- At least 2 years of experience working as a Data Analyst.
- Excellent analytical skills. Ability to learn from customers, analyze data and advise management on how the strategy can be improved and how reusable technical solutions can be developed.
- Good communication and presentation skills. Ability to communicate findings clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Hands-on experience with relational databases using SQL.
- Familiarity and working experience with at least one BI tool like Tableau or MS PowerBI.
- Familiarity with Python and Pandas.
- English language at upper-intermediate (B2) level or higher.
Good to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Economics or a related field, or equivalent years of work experience.
- A high level of mathematical ability: knowledge of statistics and the right comfort level with formulae required for analyzing data to provide real-world value.
- Ability to write data processing code and dashboards using Python or R.
- Knowledge of how to create dashboards with QlikView.
- Some experience with Hive, pySpark or R on Spark.
- Having a portfolio of data visualization work that you have completed would help to demonstrate your skillset.
- Opportunity to work on bleeding-edge projects.
- Work with a highly motivated and dedicated team.
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible schedule.
- Medical insurance.
- Benefits program.
- Social package - medical insurance, sports.
- Corporate social events.
- Professional development opportunities.
Grid Dynamics is the engineering services company known for transformative, mission-critical cloud solutions for retail, finance and technology sectors. We architected some of the busiest e-commerce services on the Internet and have never had an outage during the peak season. Founded in 2006 and headquartered in San Ramon, California with offices throughout the US and Eastern Europe, we focus on big data analytics, scalable omnichannel services, DevOps, and cloud enablement.
Grid Dynamics is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees during their employment and for all candidates during the application process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.