Data Analyst - IBM Cognos
The role will be responsible for designing and building dashboards and data visualizations to help business users understand data and inform decisions. There will be ad hoc analyses but also a need to build self-service tools for business users.
The position requires excellent communication skills and experience working directly with creative and technology teams as well as a wide array of business stakeholders. Understanding of web analytics and digital marketing is a must. Being able to present findings in a meaningful and clear way is also a must.
The position requires a hands-on, get-the-job-done, attitude. It requires the ability to listen, learn and extend learnings to the entire interactive organization.
You understand analytics and the know-how to help other people understand the importance of analytics. You enjoy working with creatives, technologists and can clearly communicate with senior-level stakeholders. You understand and drive issues to conclusion.Responsibilities:
- Participate in the design and development of analytical applications using BI tools
- Design, support and continuously enhance the project codebase, continuous integration pipeline, etc.
- Create dashboards, SQL optimization
- Work inside the team of industry experts on the cutting edge Big Data technologies to develop solutions for deployment at a massive scale
- Strong knowledge of BI tools (i.e. IBM Cognos), creating dashboards, and SQL optimization
- 2+ years of experience in creating and maintaining Cognos dashboards
- Extensive working knowledge of SQL
- Python and other scripting languages to work with data
- Understanding the best practices in data quality and quality engineering
- Experience with version control systems, Git in particular
- Desire and ability for quick learning of new tools and technologies
- Creative and critical mindset with expertise in analyzing data, complex processes signals, and root cause analyze
- Knowledge of Tableau and Metric Insights would be a plus
- Opportunity to work on bleeding-edge projects
- Work with a highly motivated and dedicated team
- Competitive salary
- Flexible schedule
- Medical insurance
- Benefits program
- Corporate social events
- Professional development opportunities
At this moment, we are not able to process H1B transfers. Applicants with CPT and OPT visas are welcome to apply.
Grid Dynamics is an engineering services company known for transformative, mission-critical cloud solutions for the retail, finance, and technology sectors. We have architected some of the busiest e-commerce services on the Internet, and have never had an outage during the peak season. Founded in 2006 and headquartered in San Ramon, California with offices throughout the US and Eastern Europe, we focus on big data analytics, scalable omnichannel services, DevOps, and cloud enablement.
Grid Dynamics is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees during their employment and for all candidates during the application process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.