Senior Data Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer with Python/GoLang knowledge and excellent technical expertise in data modeling and query optimization, who is interested in joining our growing project. This is an excellent opportunity to play a role as a key contributor in building the next level forecasting.
You will join a team of engineers, scrum masters, and product owners to envision and deliver efficient applications and services that bring the data forecasting solutions to the next level. The role will be involved in building highly optimized backends solutions.
- 5+ years of hands-on data modeling, several of these as a data engineer working on data warehouses
- Strong expertise in optimizing queries for best possible performance using advanced SQL
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong expertise in dimensional modeling
- Hands-on experience with database design for relational databases, ideally Postgres, Oracle, Teradata and/or Vertica
- 3+ years of experience with design ETL data-pipelines in Python/Shell/GoLang and SQL
- Ability to resolve complex problems in a logical, organized manner both individually and in a team setting.
Nice to have:
- Practical experience working on Big data tech stack - Hadoop, MR
- Practical experience working with commercial Cloud Platforms
- Understanding migration and control tools commonly used for databases
- Worked with APIs and ability to develop back-end applications
- Opportunity to work on bleeding-edge projects
- Work with a highly motivated and dedicated team
- Very competitive salary
- Flexible schedule
- Medical insurance
- Benefits program
- Corporate social events
- Professional development opportunities
Location: Cupertino. Remote is ok in the early stages, but candidate should be prepared to relocate.
NB: Placement and Staffing Agencies need not apply. We do not work with C2C at this time. At this moment, we are not able to process H1B transfers. Applicants with CPT and OPT visas are welcome to apply.
Grid Dynamics is the engineering services company known for transformative, mission-critical cloud solutions for retail, finance and technology sectors.
We architected some of the busiest e-commerce services on the Internet and have never had an outage during the peak season.
Founded in 2006 and headquartered in San Ramon, California with offices throughout the US and Eastern Europe, we focus on big data analytics, omnichannel services, DevOps, and cloud enablement.
Grid Dynamics is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees during their employment and for all candidates during the application process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.