Big Data Engineer (Java, GCP), Big Tech
Our client is a giant of search expertise with an important mission to help to optimize retailers conversion rates and overall customer experience.
This project goal is an integration of a retail-oriented search solution in a large US-based retail organization. Our team will be responsible for developing high-performance data pipelines as well as product customization for the end users needs.
As a part of the highly professional engineering team, you will be working with evolving stack and languages such as Dataflow, Dataproc, Kubernetes and Terraform by using high level of coding standards in a surrounding where quality is over speed.
- Designing whole infrastructure that orchestrates ETL pipelines including streaming and batch processing
- Building reusable solution that could be scaled on thousands of consumers
- Monitor and plan out core infrastructure enhancements
- Contribute to and promote good software engineering practices across the team
- Communicate clearly and effectively to technical and non-technical audiences
- 2+ years of solid experience working with Java
- Strong experience working with GCP or AWS BigData stack
- Good communication skills
- Upper-Intermediate level of English
Nice to have:
- Search expertise
- GCP certification
- Opportunity to work on bleeding-edge projects
- Work with a highly motivated and dedicated team
- Competitive salary
- Flexible schedule
- Medical insurance
- Benefits program
- Corporate social events
Grid Dynamics is the engineering services company known for transformative, mission-critical cloud solutions for retail, finance and technology sectors. We architected some of the busiest e-commerce services on the Internet and have never had an outage during the peak season. Founded in 2006 and headquartered in San Ramon, California with offices throughout the US and Eastern Europe, we focus on big data analytics, scalable omnichannel services, DevOps, and cloud enablement.
Grid Dynamics is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees during their employment and for all candidates during the application process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.