Senior Java Engineer
Grid Dynamics is partnered with one of the largest financial companies on the East Coast of the US in solving challenges that affect their entire development organization of 100+people, such as building enterprise web services with millisecond response times and improving development processes by introducing Agile, test automation, TDD and CI/CD processes. We are an international team of 50+ engineers who work in St. Petersburg, Saratov, Krakow, and Florida, the US to deliver excellent software and services.
Your task will be challenging and interesting: to develop a sophisticated end-to-end system for Financial Advisers, and drive adoption of modern methodologies like Scrum, TDD and Continuous Integration in the team.
If you are excited about all aspects of modern engineering, from writing great code, to creating architectures, designing components, interacting with clients and delivering a working system to production, then you are the kind of person we are looking for. If you enjoy freedom and responsibility, creative thinking, leading and mentoring others, then join our team of world-class developers, QA engineers, DevOps engineers, architects, and managers.
- Develop a clean, modular and reusable code
- Review code and project deliverables and confirm that they are of high quality
- Collaborate with team members and customer in designing and implementing integrated, enterprise solutions
- Participate in the agile development processes SDLC including sprint planning, iterative development, estimations, and design sessions
- Experience with Java Enterprise Edition platform and Java frameworks (Hibernate, Spring)
- Experience working with relational databases (SQL, Oracle DB)
- Experience with unit and integration tests
- Experience with build systems (Maven)
- Experience with version control and bug tracking systems
- Excellent interpersonal communication and client-facing skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills, initiative, and intellectual curiosity
- Understanding of SDLC and Agile methodologies in particular
- Opportunity to work on bleeding-edge projects
- Work with a highly motivated and dedicated team
- Competitive salary
- Medical insurance
- Benefits program
- Social package - medical insurance, sports
- Corporate social events
- Professional development opportunities
- Occasional travel to customer site in Florida, US
Grid Dynamics is the engineering services company known for transformative, mission-critical cloud solutions for retail, finance and technology sectors. We architected some of the busiest e-commerce services on the Internet and have never had an outage during the peak season. Founded in 2006 and headquartered in San Ramon, California with offices throughout the US and Eastern Europe, we focus on big data analytics, scalable omni-channels.
Grid Dynamics is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees during their employment and for all candidates during the application process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.