BigData Developer (Python, PySpark, Snowflake), Meal-kit
Our client produces the most popular meal kit in the world. Everything required for delicious meals is carefully planned, carefully sourced and delivered to the front door of each customer at the time most convenient for them.
Our client’s Engineering, Data, Product and Security teams are located in Berlin and New York and are critical to what we do. From procurement tools to conversion rate optimization, live pricing tools, payment services and add-on upselling features, they work on a wide variety of challenging problems. The result is a high output where they constantly build and release features and engines that make the business thrive, allowing them to deliver real financial impact.
As a Data Engineer on the project, you will be collaborating to build a robust and highly performant data platform using cutting-edge technologies. You will develop distributed services that process data in batch and real-time with a focus on scalability, data quality, and business requirements. You will have the opportunity to work on challenging data-related problems and building a self-serve data platform.
- Build tools and services for other engineers, data scientist and data analysts
- Build reusable technology that enables teams to ingest, store, transform, and serve their own data products
- Collaborate closely with domain data teams supporting them in adopting our services and tools
- Constantly improving the engineering experience of our users
- Advocate for data quality, data governance and data product thinking
- Experience in Software Engineering and the ability to design, implement and deliver maintainable and high-quality code with Python
- Extensive experience with Spark and SQL
- Experience in working in a cloud environment
- Ability to deliver scalable production-ready solutions
- Experience with data modeling and data warehousing solutions
- Demonstrate ability to design, build and maintain complex data services
- Demonstrable past experience with Agile methodologies, with a strong focus on data-driven experimentation, lean thinking, and quick iterations
- English level: Upper-Intermediate and higher
- Opportunity to work on bleeding-edge projects
- Work with a highly motivated and dedicated team
- Competitive salary
- Flexible schedule
- Medical insurance
- Benefits program
- Corporate social events
Grid Dynamics is the engineering services company known for transformative, mission-critical cloud solutions for retail, finance and technology sectors. We architected some of the busiest e-commerce services on the Internet and have never had an outage during the peak season. Founded in 2006 and headquartered in San Ramon, California with offices throughout the US and Eastern Europe, we focus on big data analytics, scalable omnichannel services, DevOps, and cloud enablement.
Grid Dynamics is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees during their employment and for all candidates during the application process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.