Senior Java Developer (under BigData retraining)
We’re launching an intensive 2-month full-time education program for Senior Java developers who are willing to switch to BigData stack and join one of our top BigData projects.
- You pass the full-time training program, while being a GridDynamics employee and getting the market-level salary as a Senior Java Engineer
- During the whole educational program the engineers will have a mentor and learn through a combination of theoretical and practical assignments.
- Upon successful program completion, you will join one of our most challenging BigData project as a BigData Engineer
- Functional Programming Principles in Scala
- Introduction to Hadoop infrastructure and distributed computations
- Big Data Analysis with Scala and Spark
Project after Training
Our customer is one of the world's largest technology companies based in Silicon Valley with operations all over the world. On this project, we are working with bleeding-edge big data technologies to develop a high-performance data analytics platform, which handles petabytes of data.
- Data-heavy project with modern and diverse technical stack including Spark Batch / Streaming, Scala (fs2, cats), Kafka, Kubernetes, Splunk, Prometheus and many more.
- Distributed teams working with clickstream and transactional event data, communicating in English on a daily basis, and very involved in technical discussions with engineering leadership from the client.
- Our regular challenges include Spark fine-tuning and optimization at scale to process billions of events and petabytes of data under very strict SLAs driven by business.
- Along with business tasks, there is always an option to contribute to in-house libraries and frameworks built on top of Spark to automate workflows and improve developer experience.
Why Big Data at Grid Dynamics
- Community of 190+ experienced Big Data professionals
- 20+ clients with Big Data tech stack, including Big Tech and world leaders in E-Commerce, AdTech and Manufacturing
- Big Data is one of our primary specialisation
- Opportunities eventually to relocate to Poland or US
Learn more about GridDynamics expertise in Big Data on our Blog.
- 5 + years of experience in Java / Scala on commercial projects
- Understanding of the best practices in data quality and quality engineering
- Ability to quickly learn new tools and technologies
- Upper-Intermediate English
- Good communication skills
Will be a plus:
- Any experience with Hadoop / Spark / Hive
- Any experience with data mining and stream processing technologies (Kafka, Spark Streaming, Akka Streams)
Grid Dynamics is the engineering services company known for transformative, mission-critical cloud solutions for retail, finance and technology sectors. We architected some of the busiest e-commerce services on the Internet and have never had an outage during the peak season. Founded in 2006 and headquartered in San Ramon, California with offices throughout the US and Eastern Europe, we focus on big data analytics, scalable omnichannel services, DevOps, and cloud enablement
Grid Dynamics is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees during their employment and for all candidates during the application process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.