Senior Java Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Java Developer who is analytical, pays meticulous attention to detail, is highly organized, and has excellent communication skills. Working on the project you will be responsible for the core engineering of a highly scalable and distributed platform for one of the largest world-leading mapping providers.
As a key member of this team, you will be working in collaboration with a team of worldwide recognized experts. This is an excellent opportunity to become a key contributor to the project while creating the next generation of network-centric distributed and scalable architectures. You’ll be a part of a bright engineering team that has open communication, empowerment, innovation, teamwork, and customer-centric culture.
- Participate in the design and development of high-performance business applications, from requirements analysis to production
- Constantly improve software quality (evaluate and incorporate new libraries, tools, and technologies; code reviews; refactoring; testing; etc.)
- Analyze and improve application performance
- Search for simple and robust solutions to complex tasks
- Work in an Agile methodology environment where innovation, teamwork, and creativity are the key to success
- Collaborate with a team of developers, QA engineers, analysts located in multiple locations
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science/ Engineering or a related field (or equivalent experience)
- Knowledge of GCP as a cloud computing service is a plus
- Experience with Java
- Java 8 features: streams, lambdas, functional interfaces
- Experience with Spring, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud
- Strong expertise in distributed computing, distributed systems, cloud solutions
- Strong experience in multi-zone solutions
- Strong experience in software refactoring, software re-engineering
- GCP certification is a strong plus
- Understanding of Jenkins as a CI tool
- At least knowledge of general concepts of how CI works
- JobDSL as DSL for jobs (optional)
- Hand-on experience with Maven
- Basic understanding and experience within Apache Nifi is a plus
- General understanding and basic usage of Docker
- Optional knowledge of Datadog for monitoring
- Experience with VCS (Git, SVN)
- Robust OO Programming and OO Design concepts knowledge
- Strong unit/integration testing experience
- Delivery Focused using Agile Development Methodology (Scrum/Kanban)
- Need to be a team player while having the capacity to work independently
- Strong analytical and logical skills including troubleshooting
- Good interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good English both verbal and written skills are a must
- Opportunity to work on bleeding-edge projects
- Work with a highly motivated and dedicated team
- Competitive salary
- Flexible schedule
- Medical insurance
- Benefits program
- Corporate social events
Grid Dynamics is a leading provider of technology consulting, agile co-creation, scalable engineering and data science services for Fortune 500 corporations undergoing digital transformation.
We work in close collaboration with our clients on digital transformation initiatives that span strategy consulting, early prototypes and enterprise-scale delivery of new digital platforms. We help organizations become more agile and create innovative digital products and experiences using deep expertise in emerging technology, top global engineering talent, lean software development practices, and high-performance product culture.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley with over 1,300 technologists located in engineering delivery centers throughout the US, Central and Eastern Europe, Grid Dynamics has architected and delivered some of the most extensive digital transformation programs in the retail, technology and financial sectors to help its clients win market share, shorten time to market and reduce costs of digital operations on a massive scale.
To learn more about Grid Dynamics, visit www.griddynamics.com, or follow us on Twitter @GridDynamics.
Your personal recruiter
Don’t see the right opportunity?Contact us anyway and let’s talk! To apply, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Grid Dynamics is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees during their employment and for all candidates during the application process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.