POS Solution Architect
The Solution Architect is expected to:
- Understand the business domain and business use cases.
- Investigate and analyze current systems functionality and non-functional requirements.
- Create long-term, service-oriented or microservices cloud-friendly architecture based on open source technology stacks.
- Plan phases of the client journey towards the final architecture state.
- Lead the engineering team through the implementation.
- Provide technical governance and sign off on engineering team deliverables.
To be successful at the role, a solution architect needs to be highly motivated in achieving high business value with technology. Besides technical skills, the candidate should:
- Enjoy analyzing and solving problems.
- Be ready to take responsibility and delivery on the promise.
- Don’t shy away from speaking and engaging with people in all roles.
- Be able to communicate ideas in a clear and engaging way.
- Be resourceful and creative in solving problems.
- Understand tactics and strategy in decision making.
- Be able to explain complex concepts in understandable terms.
The candidate should have background and education in computer science, math, or physics.
From technology perspective, we require 5+ years experience in software development as a tech lead or a developer, and several years in a solution architect role. The candidate should be able to demonstrate:
- Deep experience with eCommerce and omnichannel commerce.
- Strong expertise in Point of Sale for commerce.
- Experience with relevant technology stack and off-the-shelf products from vendor.
- Proven track record of implementing parts of store technology or Point of Sale systems for large retailers.
- Experience with wider PoS ecosystem including integrations with order management, inventory management, pricing, offers, promotions, loyalty, payments, etc.
- Experience with store technology and infrastructure aspects, including hardware and networking.
- Experience with public cloud, microservices architecture patterns, and modern open technology source stack.
What we offer:
- Opportunity to work on bleeding-edge projects
- Work with a highly motivated and dedicated team
- Competitive salary
- Flexible schedule
- Benefits package
- Professional development opportunities
Grid Dynamics is an engineering services company known for transformative, mission-critical cloud solutions for the retail, finance, and technology sectors. We architected some of the busiest e-commerce services on the Internet, and have never had an outage during the peak season. Founded in 2006 and headquartered in San Ramon, California with offices throughout the US and Eastern Europe, we focus on big data analytics, scalable omnichannel services, DevOps, and cloud enablement.
Your personal recruiter
Don’t see the right opportunity?Contact us anyway and let’s talk! To apply, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Grid Dynamics is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees during their employment and for all candidates during the application process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.