We’re looking for a Release/DevOps Engineer who will be responsible for managing the release pipeline that fuels development at our company. This person will be directly supporting the development and content teams that are creating and publishing content to one of the world most trafficked websites. The ideal candidate is someone who has worked in a build/release role previously, has strong communication skills, and who knows how to handle the unexpected.
- Managing Jenkins in a highly automated environment.
- Managing and administering an SCM (e.g. SVN/Git)
- Python, Bash, Groovy scripting experience.
- Managing and configuring web servers (e.g. Apache/nginx)
- Minimum of 5 years of professional software development experience working on complex development projects
- Dedicated problem-solver who can work in a fast-paced environment where multiple releases are a fact of life
- Ability to size technical efforts accurately
- Experience collaborating with other team members in multiple teams diagnosing and debugging complex systems, and participating in investigating build, deployment and operational issues
- Knowledge of Linux stack
- Experience with web application security
- In depth knowledge of source version control software (Subversion, Git)
- Experience collaborating with other technical teams on DevOps responsibilities for application deployment, performance, monitoring, reliability and scalability
- Preferred experience with Docker, configuration management systems such as Ansible, Mesos or similar grid computing technologies, CI build tools such as Jenkins, and logging and monitoring tools like Splunk
- Willingness to take the initiative to solve problems
- Proven capabilities to work under pressure and tight deadlines to solve critical issues
- Able to work equally well with people in creative and technical positions
- Strong oral and written communicator, with good interpersonal skills; able to forge trusting relationships within a diverse team and across organizations
What we offer:
- Work in the Bay Area with terrific customers on large, innovative projects.
- High-energy atmosphere of exponentially & successfully growing company.
- A very attractive compensation package with generous benefits (medical, dental, vision and life), 401K and Section 125 pre-tax offerings (POP and FSA plans).
Placement and Staffing Agencies need not apply. We do not work with C2C at this time. At this moment, we are not able to process H1B transfers. Applicants with CPT and OPT visas are welcome to apply.
Grid Dynamics is the engineering services company known for transformative, mission-critical cloud solutions for retail, finance and technology sectors.
We architected some of the busiest e-commerce services on the Internet and have never had an outage during the peak season.
Founded in 2006 and headquartered in San Ramon, California with offices throughout the US and Eastern Europe, we focus on big data analytics, omnichannel services, DevOps, and cloud enablement
Your personal recruiter
Don’t see the right opportunity?Contact us anyway and let’s talk! To apply, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Grid Dynamics is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees during their employment and for all candidates during the application process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.