Senior Big Data Engineer / ML Engineer
Our customer is a huge American multinational food, snack, and beverage has interests in the manufacturing, marketing, and distribution of grain-based snack foods, beverages, and other products.
About the project:
Analytics Platform was established on Azure using its services - HDInsight and different storages, ML Services to modeling different pipelines. There are some use cases - receiving some data receiving from Google Marketing and having an environment in GCP too for a long period of time. There are 3 teams working with Google using its services - BigQuery, Dataproc, Analytics. Also, some cognitive services/image services are used for recently introduced projects for store shelves to measure stock, imaging project is to measure stock by images of store shelves. Marketing data analysis includes bringing data from Azure environment to Google Cloud and from on-premise systems up to Google Cloud. There is a developing of new processes and models.
- Participate in the design and development of a big data analytics application
- Design, support and continuously enhance the project codebase, continuous integration pipeline, etc.
- Write complex ETL processes and frameworks for analytics and data management
- Developing new processes and models
- Implement large-scale near real-time streaming data processing pipelines
- Work with a team of industry experts on cutting-edge big data technologies to develop solutions for deployment at massive scale
- 5+ years of experience in Hadoop ecosystem
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in architecting, designing, and implementing data ingestion pipes for batch, real-time, and streams
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with a proven track record in building data lakes on Public Clouds (preferably GCP and Azure (HDInsight))
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in Big Data tools such as Sqoop, Hive, Spark, Scala, HBase, MapReduce, etc.
- 2+ years of experience in Python and Scala.
- Ready to work in the USA for up to 3 months.
- Experience in data wrangling, advanced analytic modeling, and AI/ML capabilities is preferred.
- BA/BS required; preferably in Computer Science, Data Analytics, Data Science or Operations Research.
- Highly analytical, motivated, decisive thought leader with solid critical thinking able to quickly connect technical and business ‘dots’.
- Has strong communication and organizational skills and has the ability to deal with ambiguity while juggling multiple priorities and projects at the same time.
- Able to understand statistical solutions and execute similar activities.
Will be a plus:
- Having hands-on experience in using Infoworks / Nifi will be an added advantage.
- Having experience in leading, guiding, and coaching data engineers is a plus.
- Having exposure to R and ML technologies is a plus.
- Opportunity to work on bleeding-edge projects
- Work with a highly motivated and dedicated team
- Competitive salary
- Flexible schedule
- Benefits program
- Social package - medical insurance, sports
- Corporate social events
- Professional development opportunities
- Opportunity for long business trips to the US and relocation
Grid Dynamics is the engineering services company known for transformative, mission-critical cloud solutions for retail, finance and technology sectors. We architected some of the busiest e-commerce services on the Internet and have never had an outage during the peak season. Founded in 2006 and headquartered in San Ramon, California with offices throughout the US and Eastern Europe, we focus on big data analytics, scalable omnichannel services, DevOps, and cloud enablement.
Your personal recruiter
Don’t see the right opportunity?Contact us anyway and let’s talk! To apply, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Grid Dynamics is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees during their employment and for all candidates during the application process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.