Senior Data Engineer
- 5+ years of experience in Hadoop ecosystem
- 3 to 5 years of hands-on experience in architecting, designing, and implementing data ingestion pipes for batch, real-time, and streams.
- 3 to 5 years of hands-on experience with a proven track record in building data lakes on HDInsight (Azure) platform.
- 3 to 5 years of hands-on experience in Big data tools such as Sqoop, Hive, Spark, Scala, hBase, Mapreduce etc.
- 1 to 3 years of experience in Java/Python/Scala.
- Having hands-on experience in using Infoworks / Nifi will be an added advantage.
- 2 to 4 years of experience in leading, guiding, and coaching data engineers.
- Having exposure to R and ML technologies is a plus.
- Experience in data wrangling, advanced analytic modeling, and AI/ML capabilities is preferred
- BA/BS required; preferably in Computer Science, Data Analytics, Data Science or Operations Research
- Highly analytical, motivated, decisive thought leader with solid critical thinking able to quickly connect technical and business ‘dots’
- Has strong communication and organizational skills and has the ability to deal with ambiguity while juggling multiple priorities and projects at the same time
- Able to understand statistical solutions and execute similar activities
- Opportunity to work on bleeding-edge projects
- Work with a highly motivated and dedicated team
- Competitive salary
- Flexible schedule
- Medical insurance
- Benefits program
- Social package - medical insurance, sports
- Corporate social events
- Professional development opportunities
Grid Dynamics is the engineering services company known for transformative, mission-critical cloud solutions for retail, finance and technology sectors. We architected some of the busiest e-commerce services on the Internet and have never had an outage during the peak season. Founded in 2006 and headquartered in San Ramon, California with offices throughout the US and Eastern Europe, we focus on big data analytics, scalable omnichannel services, DevOps, and cloud enablement.
Your personal recruiter
Don’t see the right opportunity?Contact us anyway and let’s talk! To apply, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Grid Dynamics is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees during their employment and for all candidates during the application process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.