Grid Dynamics is looking for a Solution Architect with specialization in distributed systems to work on complex technology programs. Solution Architect leads implementation of new business applications or migration of clients from legacy out of the box systems provided by vendors like IBM, Oracle, or Microsoft to applications based on open source technology stack. The Solution Architect is expected to:
- Understand business domain and business use cases.
- Investigate and analyze current systems functionality and non-functional requirements.
- Create long-term service-oriented or microservices cloud friendly architecture based on open source technology stack.
- Plan phases of client journey towards the final architecture state.
- Lead the engineering team through the implementation.
- Provide technical governance and sign off on engineering team deliverables.
A solution architect works with all levels of client personnel from C*-level executives to individual engineers. Internally, a solution architect guides Grid Dynamics delivery team and ensures compliance of the implementation with the architecture. While spending most time at a client, the architect also participates in internal Grid Dynamics activities. These activities include trainings, knowledge sharing, technology pre-sales, creation of blueprints and case studies, and participation in outbound thought leadership activities, like writing blogs and attending conferences.
To be successful at the role, a solution architect needs to be highly motivated in achieving high business value with technology. Besides technical skills, the candidate should:
- Enjoy analyzing and solving problems.
- Be ready to take responsibility and delivery on the promise.
- Don’t shy away from speaking and engaging with people in all roles.
- Be able to communicate ideas in a clear and engaging way.
- Be resourceful and creative in solving problems.
- Understand tactics and strategy in decision making.
- Be able to explain complex concepts in understandable terms.
The candidate should have background and education in computer science, math, or physics.
From technology perspective, we require 5+ years experience in software development as an architect, tech lead or a developer. The the candidate should be able to demonstrate experience with:
- Service-oriented or microservices architecture.
- Distributed application design principles.
- JVM platform and Java language family.
- Open source NoSQL technologies, including Cassandra, MongoDB, Solr, and ElasticSearch.
- In-Memory Data Grids and Caches including Redis, Hazelcast, and Apache Ignite.
- Microservices platform stack including Netflix OSS / Spring Cloud, Consul, etcd.
- Cloud infrastructure, preferably in the context of distributed applications.
- Functional and performance test automation.
- CICD process and infrastructure, ideally in context of multi-service applications.
- Understanding of machine learning concepts and knowledge of common frameworks.
- Base knowledge of order, inventory, and supply chain management.
If you are not a seasoned expert in all of the above, but have a motivation to grow and have relevant background, don’t hesitate to apply. We provide training programs for good candidates.
What we offer:
- Opportunity to work on bleeding-edge projects
- Work with a highly motivated and dedicated team
- Competitive salary
- Flexible schedule
- Benefits package
- Corporate social events
- Professional development opportunities
Placement and Staffing Agencies need not apply.
Grid Dynamics is the engineering services company known for transformative, mission-critical cloud solutions for retail, finance and technology sectors. We architected some of the busiest e-commerce services on the Internet and have never had an outage during the peak season. Founded in 2006 and headquartered in San Ramon, California with offices throughout the US and Eastern Europe, we focus on big data analytics, scalable omnichannel services, DevOps, and cloud enablement.
Your personal recruiter
Don’t see the right opportunity?Contact us anyway and let’s talk! To apply, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Grid Dynamics is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees during their employment and for all candidates during the application process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.