The Solution Architect is expected to:
- Understand the business domain and business use cases.
- Investigate and analyze current systems functionality and non-functional requirements.
- Create long-term, service-oriented or microservices cloud-friendly architecture based on open source technology stacks.
- Plan phases of the client journey towards the final architecture state.
- Lead the engineering team through the implementation.
- Provide technical governance and sign off on engineering team deliverables.
To be successful at the role, a solution architect needs to be highly motivated in achieving high business value with technology. Besides technical skills, the candidate should:
- Enjoy analyzing and solving problems.
- Be ready to take responsibility and delivery on the promise.
- Don’t shy away from speaking and engaging with people in all roles.
- Be able to communicate ideas in a clear and engaging way.
- Be resourceful and creative in solving problems.
- Understand tactics and strategy in decision making.
- Be able to explain complex concepts in understandable terms.
The candidate should have background and education in computer science, math, or physics.
From technology perspective, we require 5+ years experience in software development as an architect, tech lead or a developer. The candidate should be able to demonstrate experience with:
- eCommerce domain.
- Service-oriented or microservices architecture.
- Distributed application design principles.
- JVM platform and Java language family.
- Open source NoSQL technologies, including Cassandra, MongoDB, Solr, and ElasticSearch.
- In-Memory Data Grids and Caches including Redis, Hazelcast, and Apache Ignite.
- Big Data stack including Hadoop, Apache Spark, Apache Storm, Kafka.
- Microservices platform stack including Netflix OSS / Spring Cloud, Consul, etc.
- Cloud infrastructure, preferably in the context of distributed applications.
- Functional and performance test automation.
- CICD process and infrastructure, ideally in context of multi-service applications.
- Basic knowledge of order, inventory, and supply chain management.
What we offer:
- Opportunity to work on bleeding-edge projects
- Work with a highly motivated and dedicated team
- Competitive salary
- Flexible schedule
- Benefits package
- Professional development opportunities
Placement and Staffing Agencies need not apply. We do not work with C2C at this time.
At this moment, we are not able to process H1B transfers. Applicants with CPT and OPT visas are welcome to apply.
Grid Dynamics is an engineering services company known for transformative, mission-critical cloud solutions for the retail, finance, and technology sectors. We architected some of the busiest e-commerce services on the Internet, and have never had an outage during the peak season. Founded in 2006 and headquartered in San Ramon, California with offices throughout the US and Eastern Europe, we focus on big data analytics, scalable omnichannel services, DevOps, and cloud enablement.
Your personal recruiter
Don’t see the right opportunity?Contact us anyway and let’s talk! To apply, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Grid Dynamics is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees during their employment and for all candidates during the application process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.