Last Updated: 11/16/2021
Information We Collect
We collect a variety of personal information from or about you or your devices from various sources, as described below.
If you do not provide your personal information when requested, you may not be able to use our Services if that information is necessary to provide our Services or if we are legally required to collect it.
A. Information You Provide to Us
Registration Information. If you sign up for one of our talks, meetups, competitions, hackathons, workshops, or other events, including our events hosted on third-party sites, we will receive your first and last name, email address, the contents of a message or attachments that you may send to us, and other information you choose to provide.
Communications. If you contact us directly, we may receive additional personal information about you. For example, when you contact us through our website, we may receive your first and last name, email address, phone number, the contents of a message or attachments that you may send to us, and other information you choose to provide. If you subscribe to updates from the Grid Dynamics blog, then we will collect certain personal information from you, such as your first and last name, email address, and your areas of interest. When we send you emails, we may track whether you open them to learn how to deliver a better customer experience and improve our Services.
Careers. If you decide to apply for a job with us, you may submit your contact information and your resume online. We will collect the information you choose to provide us as part of your job application, such as your contact information, current employment information, and other information you choose to submit with your application and on your resume. If you apply for a job with us through a third-party platform (such as LinkedIn), we will collect the information you make available to us through such third-party platform.
B. Information We Collect When You Use Our Services
Device Information. We receive information about the device and software you use to access our Services, including internet protocol (“IP”) address, web browser type, operating system version, internet traffic data, service usage data, and unique device identifiers.
Usage Information. To help us understand how you use our Services and to help us improve them, when you use our Services, we automatically receive information about your interactions with our Services, like log files, performance logs, diagnostic reports, the pages or other content you view, the searches you conduct, pages you request, the websites you visited before using our Services, and the dates, times, and durations of your visits.
Location Information. When you use our Services, we infer the general physical location of your device and the geographic regions our Users come from. For example, your IP address may indicate your general geographic region.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies. Some Cookies are strictly necessary to make our Services available to you. We cannot provide you with our Services without this type of Cookies.
- Functional Cookies. Functional Cookies are used to recognize you when you return to our Services. This enables us to adapt our content for you and remember your preferences. For example, we use functional Cookies to remember your choice of language or region.
C. Information We Receive from Third Parties
Third-Party Services. You may also post photos, comments, or reviews on our pages available through third-party platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or YouTube. If you do so or if you otherwise provide information to our ads hosted on third-party platforms, we and other users may be able to view the personal information you make available through these third-party platforms.
Partners. We may receive additional personal information about you from third parties such as data or marketing partners and combine it with other personal information we have about you.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the personal information we collect:
- To provide, maintain, improve, and enhance our Services;
- To communicate with you, provide you with updates and other information relating to our Services, provide information that you request, respond to comments and questions, and otherwise provide customer support;
- For marketing purposes, such as developing and providing promotional and advertising materials that may be useful, relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest to you;
- To personalize your experience on our Services such as presenting tailored content;
- To conduct research to understand and analyze how you use our Services and develop new products, services, and features;
- To de-identify and aggregate information collected through our Services and use it for our business purposes;
- To find and prevent fraud, and respond to trust and safety issues that may arise;
- For compliance purposes, including enforcing our legal rights, or as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental agency; and
- For other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time the personal information is collected.
Legal Bases for Processing European Information
If you are located in the European Economic Area or the United Kingdom, we only process your personal information when we have a valid “legal basis”, including as set forth below.
- Contractual Necessity. We need your personal information to provide you with our Services. For example, we may need to process your personal information to respond to your inquiries or to conduct the recruitment process.
- Compliance with a Legal Obligation. We have a legal obligation to use your personal information. For example, we may process your personal information to comply with tax, labor and accounting obligations.
- Legitimate Interests. We or a third party have a legitimate interest in using your personal information. Specifically, we have a legitimate interest in using your personal information for product development and internal analytics purposes, to exercise and defend potential legal claims, to transfer information within our group of undertakings, to verify the adequacy of your qualifications and otherwise to improve the safety, security, and performance of our Services. We only rely on our or a third party’s legitimate interests to process your personal information when these interests are not overridden by your rights and interests.
How We Share the Information We Collect
We may disclose personal information we collect from or about you as described below or otherwise disclosed to you at the time of collection.
Vendors and Service Providers. We may share any personal information we receive with contractors, vendors, service providers, and other third parties retained in connection with the provision of our Services.
Analytics Partners. We use analytics services such as Google Analytics to collect and process certain analytics data. These services may also collect information about your use of other websites, apps, and online resources. You can learn about Google’s practices by going to Google partnership and opt-out of them by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on.
Advertising Partners. We work with third-party advertising partners to show you ads that we think may interest you. These advertising partners may set and access their own Cookies, pixel tags and similar technologies on our Services and they may otherwise collect or have access to information about you which they may collect over time and across different online services. Some of our advertising partners are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1#!/) or Digital Advertising Alliance (http://optout.aboutads.info/?c=2&lang=EN). If you do not wish to receive personalized ads, please visit their opt-out pages to learn about how you may opt out of receiving web-based personalized ads from member companies.
As Required by Law and Similar Disclosures. We may access, preserve, and disclose personal information about you if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (a) comply with law enforcement requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (b) respond to your requests; or (c) protect your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety.
Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers. We may disclose and transfer your personal information to service providers, advisors, potential transactional partners, or other third parties in connection with the consideration, negotiation, or completion of a corporate transaction in which we are acquired by or merged with another company, or we sell, liquidate, or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets.
Consent. We may also disclose personal information from or about you or your devices with your permission.
Your Rights and Choices
Your California Privacy Rights. If you are a California resident, you may exercise certain rights by submitting requests to know and access the personal information we have collected about you, to delete personal information, to opt-out of the sale of personal information, and to not be discriminated against for exercising these rights. Please visit our California Resident Privacy Notice for supplemental information and disclosures regarding rights of California residents.
Your European Privacy Rights. If you are located in the EEA or the UK, you have the additional rights described below:
- You may request access to the personal information we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your personal information, restrict or object to the processing of your personal information, have your personal information anonymized or deleted, as appropriate, or exercise your right to data portability to easily transfer your personal information to another company. In addition, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, including in your country of residence, place of work or where an incident took place.
- You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us regarding the processing of your personal information at any time and free of charge. We will apply your preferences going forward and this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before you withdrew your consent.
Marketing Communications. If you provide Grid Dynamics with your email address, you may be contacted by Grid Dynamics for marketing and campaign update purposes. When you become a Grid Dynamics customer, you will be subscribed to our automated campaign update emails. If at any time you do not wish to receive email from Grid Dynamics in the future, you can unsubscribe. In order to unsubscribe from a mailing list, you may choose any of the following options:
- Follow the unsubscribe link found at the bottom of the email you’ve received.
- Contact your client success team or our customer service and ask to be unsubscribed from automated marketing and/or campaign update emails.
- Remove yourself from Grid Dynamics’s automated campaign update emails by visiting our unsubscribe page. We will update your preferences for this email address.
Please be aware that if you are a Grid Dynamics customer, a member of our client success team may continue to manually contact you via email for administrative or informational purposes, including follow-up messages regarding business transactions between Grid Dynamics and yourself. By law, such messages are not considered to be commercial email.
We take measures to delete your personal information or keep it in a form that does not permit identifying you when your personal information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we process it unless we are required by law to keep your personal information for a longer period. When determining the specific retention period, we consider various factors, such as the type of service provided to you, the nature and length of our relationship with you, and mandatory retention periods provided by law and the statute of limitations.
We make reasonable efforts to protect your personal information by using technical and organizational safeguards designed to improve the security of the personal information we maintain. For example, we have a robust information security program in place designed to protect personal information from unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction in line with ISO 27001:2013 standards. Our security measures include policies and procedures related to data classification, data encryption, passwords, access restrictions, network segmentation, vulnerability scanning, alerts, logging and monitoring, anti-malware, and employee training. However, no electronic transmission or storage of personal information can be entirely secure, we can make no guarantees as to the security or privacy of your personal information.
Our Services are hosted in the United States and intended for visitors located within the United States. If you choose to use our Services from the EEA, the UK or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personal information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing. We may transfer personal information from the EEA or the UK to the United States and other third countries based on European Commission-approved Standard Contractual Clauses, as needed to perform our Services that you have requested from us, or with your consent. Also, we may transfer your data from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating our Services. By providing any information, including personal information, on or to our Services, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing. To obtain additional information on the transfers, please contact us using the contact information below.
Get in touch
We'd love to hear from you. Please provide us with your preferred contact method so we can be sure to reach you.
Please follow up to email alerts if you would like to receive information related to press releases, investors relations, and regulatory filings.