Co-Founder and VP Product
This case study shows how cooperation with Grid Dynamics extend Oktopost’s development pipeline as well as serve as the core pillars for the company’s success.
At Oktopost we look for highly ambitious and motivated people who are ready to look beyond a nine-to-five job. But after we had monitored Israeli market, we realized we couldn’t find appropriate candidates. That’s why, our main goal with Grid Dynamics was to recruit additional developers with the right skills and specializations.
“Grid Dynamics proved to be very professional. The staff was very responsive and knew how to explain the market specifics and recruitment processes. We also liked the transparency of all procedures”
Why Grid Dynamics?
Having analyzed a number of outsourcing providers, we chose Grid Dynamics because:
- Grid Dynamics proved to be very professional. The staff was very responsive and knew how to explain the market specifics and recruitment processes. We also liked the transparency of all procedures.
- Grid Dynamics managed to meet our needs and find the right tech talent.
- Grid Dynamics supports reasonable prices — not too low and not so high as other big companies in Ukraine have.
Our cooperation with Grid Dynamics was successful, the team was very adaptive — any time we needed to settle some issues, they were promptly dealt with. We try to visit our Ukrainian team at least once every two months, because it’s important for us to be in touch with the team. When I visited the office in Kyiv, I was surprised how nice it was. It’s impressive that Grid Dynamics isn’t a big company but is still able to keep their standards high.
It’s hard to tell in numbers what was the productivity growth Oktopost experienced with Grid Dynamics, but I can certainly say that offshore development helped us extend our roadmap and develop the things we weren’t able to develop earlier. The key advantage of creating a development hub remotely is the increase of available talent pool. Now, if I’m planning to hire new employees, I can either examine Israeli or Ukrainian IT market, as I have functional teams in both. This way, remote cooperation adds flexibility to our business.
“It’s hard to tell in numbers what was the productivity growth Oktopost experienced with Grid Dynamics, but I can certainly say that offshore development helped us extend our roadmap and develop the things we weren’t able to develop earlier”
Here are some tips for working with a nearshore team:
- Think of at least a few credible arguments for building a nearshore development team — budget alone won’t be enough to compensate for the time and efforts invested.
- Over-communicate with your remote team — always be ready to answer their questions or call them.
- Use every opportunity to visit your remote developers.
- Developers should feel like they are a part of the team and not “hands for hire” — make sure they are satisfied and work on the projects that help them grow professionally.
- You need to invest more time in code reviews. Review, review, and once more review the actual code.
- You need to have established development processes and practices.
Read the full interview here.
More success stories
Like a cloud, but for engineering We have always believed in massively distributed systems—distributed applications, distributed infrastructure, and distributed teams. Since the inception of the company, we have built over 1,000 products for Fortune 500 companies, with the majority of them implemented by distributed teams. Since we rely on top engineering talent and the utilisation
Dedicated developer for SoLocal Find out why the founder of a Dutch fashion startup enjoys working with a Ukrainian dedicated developer. Why Grid Dynamics Grid Dynamics is a reliable company, and we’ve never regretted partnering with them. We chose remote developers to cut our costs and to hire the right people fast. Ukraine has a
Big data development team for Unomy This case study reveals how an emerging Israeli SaaS company benefited from working with offshore software developers from Ukraine. With Grid Dynamics, we were able to handpick top-level developers, whose expertise has helped us reach results that usually require a team two or three times larger than ours. When
Get in touch
We'd love to hear from you. Please provide us with your preferred contact method so we can be sure to reach you.
Thank you for getting in touch with Grid Dynamics!
Your inquiry will be directed to the appropriate team and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Something went wrong...
There are possible difficulties with connection or other issues.
Please try again after some time.